Sunpower & Geyser
- Option1: Solar geyser, direct heating of water and solar geyser.
- Option2: Retrofit current geyser.
- Option2a: Add direct or indirect solar panel + controller + pump to circulate.
- Option2b: PV panel, with electric connection to current geyser.
Option2b: PV(Photo Voltaic) panels geyser retrofit
- PV panels 100w - 220w generate DC power 20v-70v DC at 1-10 Amps each.
- Home power 220v (Not USA) AC
- Geyser element Resistance = 220v^2/3000w = +- 16ohms for 3kW element.
- Problem, is we cant just connect 220v AC and 50v DC in paralell as this would probably damame panel and push DC voltage into home electricity.
Dual elements - use one for AC and one for DC http://waterheatertimer.org/How-to-wire-water-heater-thermostats.html
- Some complicated electric circuit with AC/DC filters.
- Electronic control with 3way relay. A.220v, B.50v DC, C.off only one at a time.