- Notes on maintaining a chlorine pool.
Links Pool Math
Chlorine(CH) - the bug killer
- maintain the appropriate free chlorine (FC) level at all times
Cyanauric acid(CYA) - a.k.a. the stabilize , protect the chlorine from the sun
- To much CYA makes the chlorine in effective.
- You can add CYA, but not remove it, the only way to lower the concentration is to replace water
- Most Chlorine floaters that are stabilized, adds CYA to the water, CYA thus just keeps building up, until you backwash and replace some water.
- Note: Dichlor and trichlor add CYA and lower pH. Cal-hypo adds CH.
Ph - This is the Acidity(low Ph) or Alkalinity(high Ph) level.
- Try and keep this in the 7.2-7.6 range to allow Chlorine to work effectively, and protect pool from corrosion.
- calcium hardness (CH) level of your water.
- Catches big particles in sand layer, removing them from the water.
- A lot of things i the water is so small it goes right through the filter e.g. Algea etc.