The two courses are referred to as: Electrical Theory and Electrical Regulations.
- 2019 Electrician – Competency pathway National Certificate in Electrical Engineering –
(Electrician for Registration) Level 4.
* Requirements https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/2017-go1984 cian
- Those seeking registration as an Electrician must have:
- completed a Board-approved Electrician competency-based training programme.
NZ owner electrical work WKS-17-energy-safety-COP-for-domestic-wiring-work.pdf
- Cable size tequirments TPS 3 core
- 1.0mm2 for lights
- 2.5mm2 power outlets
- 4.0mm2 high power, e.g. stove
- Electrical work allowed for the owner of a house in NZ