Battery and Alternator
- Test alternator
- Check terminals and cables
- Battery at normal temp should be 12.4v — 12.6v
Start car <15.5v(Not over charge) more than battery voltage by 0.5v
Test leads between battery and alternator for voltage drop, should be <0.1v with all electrics in car on e.g. Headlights & Aircon.
- Batteries can be classified as low-maintenance or maintenance-free.
- A low-maintenance battery may require water refill from time to time. Refilling can easily be accomplished since these batteries feature a detachable lid. Low-maintenance batteries are recommended for warm climates.
Maintenance-free batteries are sealed and last longer than the non-sealed type, and charge faster as well. Sealed batteries are not recommended in hot weather because water cannot be added.
AGM - Absorbed Glass Mat Separators – an advanced battery technology that eliminates the need to ever add water
- Non-spillable – all acid is absorbed in special plates and AGM separator