Active vs Passive recommends active.
201405 - http://www.infinera.com 100GB x 5
- 201311 - DWDM Equipment
http://www.packetlight.com/technology/single-fiber - Single Fiber solution , up and down same fiber 22 Channels.
http://www.packetlight.com/products/passive-wdm-solutions/pl-300 - Passive - Need color optics.
- Supports both single and dual fiber operation
- Compliant with all optical networking products (ITU grid)
- Low cost fully passive optical layer solution, transparent to service rate and type
Cisco DWDM overview
- Densewave devision multiplexing
- Putting multiple 10G optical streams on different wavelenght down the same fiber.
Cisco X2 DWDM modules
Cisco ONS 15216 passive DWDM combiner.
- 1U. This unit offers four module slots arranged horizontally. Each slot can accommodate one multiplexer, demultiplexer, combiner, or splitter module. Two slots, either the two rightmost or two leftmost, can accommodate a variable optical attenuator (VOA) module.
Cisco ONS 15216 FlexLayer 8-Channel Filter
- 100-gigahertz (GHz) 8-x-1 wavelength unidirectional multiplexer or a 100-GHz 1-x-8 wavelength unidirectional demultiplexer.
- Metro Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier 17 dBm (15216-EDFA1= WMM4Y80BRA )